Becoming a Home Based Travel Agent – Today!

If you’re looking for a flexible new career, why not learn how to become a travel agent?You could take a 6-to-12-week travel agent course at a community college to learn the basics of how to become a travel agent, or you could find yourself a host agency and start today!A host travel agency will let you work for them, from home, you will be an independent contractor for the host agency and be able to run your business using your host agency’s industry information, access etc. so if your own home travel business, and working from home sounds good to you then you can start earning commissions today.Almost anyone can make a good income as a home based travel agent if you set your mind to it, you will want to be as computer literate as possible. You will be booking travel with suppliers for your clients online, and I bet you have already done this for your family and friends.Check with your state’s Department of Commerce for any registration or certification requirements for travel agents. Then you will want to decide what type of travel you want to sell. What kind of travel agent you want to be. If you’re not sure, start with a vacation that you would like to go on with your family or friends. This will keep you focused and motivated.Where do you want to go? Dream a little! Most of the great achievements in life started out simply as a dream. Before you know it you will be planning the perfect vacation, honeymoon or weekend escape for your clients.The following are some questions you should ask before joining up with any host agency:
What is it going to cost? Yes there is always a cost when starting your own home business. Host agencies can charge as little as 125.00 up to several thousands. Is there a monthly or yearly fee? These will vary with each agency as well. When will you get paid? What percent will you the home based agent receive? This amount can range from 30 to 90%. Does the host agency offer training? Most of them do. How long is the contract? Yes you should be looking for an independent contract agreement with your host agency and if they do not have one, you may want to find one that does. Another question you will want answered; do you need your own insurance? Some will require you to get your own, some will include you on theirs, and this is called E & O insurance.Find yourself a good host agency; you will be working for yourself and not by yourself. You will be working under your host agency’s licensing and numbers with suppliers. What else will you need? A simple home office, with phone, computer and an Internet connection, that’s it! When you are able to turn your dreams into goals, and your goals into actions, amazing things will happen, that is how to become a travel agent from home today!